About this page
- Last updated
Being linked to a major NHS hospital means our team has the expertise and capacity to respond quickly to any complication, offering the best chance for the safe birth of your baby. Our service includes:
- 24-hour back up support from all medical specialities on site
- expertise from world-class consultants that can support you if you have an existing or newly discovered medical condition during pregnancy
- access to 24-hour neonatal units for premature or sick babies, with intensive care cots and special care cots available
- the capacity to support the most extreme premature births
- expertise in caring for babies with a birth weight under 1.5kg
- a dedicated neonatal MRI scanner at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital
- access to the Centre for Fetal Care at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital which specialises in looking after high-risk babies and parents with high-risk pregnancies.
High risk or multiple pregnancies
Our consultants and midwives also have the expertise to support you if:
- you have had previous miscarriages
- You have had a pre-term delivery
- you are expecting a multiple birth
- your pregnancy is considered high-risk
Be assured that if you have a pre-existing health condition or develop one during pregnancy, you will have access to the care you need on site.
If you have or develop any complications, our hospitals can call upon expert colleagues to ensure that the appropriate care and treatment is put in place as part of your birth plan. We have consultants available with a wealth of expertise to care for you throughout your pregnancy, labour and birth journey.
You will also have access to specialist services if you have recurrent miscarriages or develop early preganancy concerns.