About your role as an NHS reservist
NHS reservists provide vital support during extra busy periods and emergencies, including during service peaks or industrial action, covering leave, helping to ease winter pressures or being an extra pair of hands during times of staff shortages. As an NHS reservist you will be part of a paid, flexible workforce and you will be given the required training relevant to your role.
You will be employed by Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust as part of the North West London Integrated Care System Reservist Programme, with an opportunity to work across the four acute Trusts in north west London:
- our organisation, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
How it works
As an NHS reservist you will be able to easily view and secure unfilled shifts as they become available locally. You can choose to pick up full shifts at a time when they are convenient to you. Half shifts and weekend shifts are also available. Please note, the reservist role is not a full-time or part-time job.
We will provide training specific to the role and you will be required to work a minimum of 20 shifts per year with the maximum being 32 shifts per year (subject to change). Please note, the number of paid training days per year will depend on the role you fulfil and attending training is a mandatory requirement.
There are currently two roles you can apply for, depending on your interest and expertise:
As an NHS reservist, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Annual leave (you will receive a payment of 12.07% of the amount you earn on each shift worked, which is payment made in lieu of holiday)
- The option to join a pension scheme
- Weekly pay
- Invitations to ‘keep in touch’ and social events within your reservist community
- The option to join our in-house staff bank, where you can work additional hours at competitive rates
- Fantastic benefits via Vivup and Blue Light Card, which both offer hundreds of discounts at retailers locally and nationally
- Other NHS staff benefits
To apply for a ward helper role, click here
To apply for a registered nurse role, click here
To find out more about the NHS Reservist Scheme contact our recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
About this page
- Last updated