Theatre support worker
Earn while you learn in the workplace.
An important part of the work of theatre support staff is reassuring patients, who may be anxious about going into the operating theatre.
As a member of the theatre support staff, youmay also:
- move patients on trolleys
- reassure family members
- prepare patients for anaesthetic
- set out instruments and equipment ready for surgery
- make sure the department has stocks of items needed
- clean and tidy theatre areas after surgery
- dispose of waste
You will learn and develop on the job, we expect you to have good literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be:
- willing to be in operating theatre areas during surgery
- calm and reassuring
- health and safety aware
- able to follow procedures
- part of a team but responsible for their own work
You’ll also need:
- organisational skills
- communication skills
- good team working skills
You will gain formal qualifications through a Healthcare Support Worker Level 3 apprenticeship.
About this page
- Last updated