Earn while you learn in the workplace.
Radiography assistants and imaging support workers help radiographers diagnose and treat patients.
Working under the direction of a diagnostic or therapeutic radiographer, your work as a radiography assistant could involve:
- process film images
- order stocks of consumable items
- help with procedures such as biopsies
- make sure the working environment is clean and hygienic
- prepare patients for treatment, including lifting patients
- check the equipment and report faults
- input data
You will learn and develop on the job, we expect you to have good literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be:
- very safety conscious
- interested in technology
- calm and reassuring
- able to understand and follow instructions exactly
- a good communicator
- willing to keep up to date and learn new skills
You will gain formal qualifications through a Senior Healthcare Support Worker Level 3 apprenticeship, including a Certificate in clinical imaging support. You’ll also be eligible for membership of the Society of Radiographers.
About this page
- Last updated