What should I do if my health or condition is getting worse?

If you are worried about your health, or if your condition deteriorates, you should contact your GP or call NHS 111. If you ever think a situation is a life-threatening medical emergency, please call 999 immediately.  
Our hospital clinicians regularly review our waiting lists to make sure we have the right clinical prioritisation for all of our patients and to assess whether there is any potential for harm due to longer than usual waiting times. We will contact you – and your GP – directly if we have a concern.

How do I rearrange or cancel my appointment/treatment? 

Please call the number on your appointment letter or email us as soon as you can in advance, so we can reschedule your appointment and offer this date and time to someone else.

I have new symptoms and I am concerned that they may not relate to my original condition, who do I contact?

Please contact your GP if you have new symptoms unrelated to your original condition which you are concerned about.

Can my GP help me to be seen quicker? 

GP will not be able to help you get seen quicker. Hospital appointments and waiting lists are managed by the relevant hospital department, and your GP would not have access.

I’m on a waiting list but I don’t think I need the treatment anymore.

If you feel better and don’t require an appointment anymore, please contact your hospital as soon as possible to be removed from the waiting list so that your appointment can be given to someone else with a more pressing clinical need.

How do I get to my appointment?

Please visit the getting to your appointment page to find out more about how you can get to the hospital, including information on patient transport service, help with travel costs, and TFL transport schemes.
If you find it hard to walk or if you need medical support during your journey, you may be eligible for our non-emergency transport service.
If you are on low income or receive benefits, you may be eligible for help with the cost of travelling to and from your appointments. Please visit the help with travel costs page to find out more about eligibility and how to claim.

What if I find it challenging to express myself verbally?

POhWER is an organisation offering information and support to those who may be marginalised due to disability, illness, social exclusion or other challenges and therefore may not be able to be heard or to express their views. Check here for whether the service is available in your area and also make a referral.
The Advocacy Project provides contacts to advocates who can help people speak up and make decisions about their health, wellbeing and social care. Get support from an advocate here.