Renal assessment unit (RAU)
The Renal Assessment Unit is an ambulatory service for known renal patients who require urgent assessment and diagnostics but who may not need hospital admission.
Please ring the department if you are feeling unwell and you will be triaged by a member of the team, and an appointment made as appropriate.
Please note we are no longer able to provide a walk-in service
Renal assessment unit
Du Cane Road
London W12 0HS
- Monday through Friday 09.00 to 18.00 and Saturdays 10.00 to 14.00 on. The RAU is closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
- Patients can call the unit during these hours on 020 3313 6603 and follow the advice given by the specialist nurse or doctor.
- Out of hours patients should continue to phone De Wardener ward on 0203313 6695 and follow the advice given by the renal doctor.
- Phone (during opening hours): 020 3313 6603/04
- Phone (out of hours): 020 3313 6695
Healthcare professional’s guidance and referral information:
Referrals from other healthcare practitioners should be directly to the Renal SpR on call via the hospital switchboard. Phone 020 3313 1000
About this page
- Last updated