Speech and language therapy patient information
Find out what to expect when you come to hospital for your appointment.
Before your appointment
Remember that your appointment could take up to five days to book. Try to wear clothes you feel comfortable in for your appointment. You are welcome to bring a relative, close friend or carer with you to your appointment. You are also welcome to ask for a chaperone and we will endeavour to provide one for you.
During your appointment
The length of your appointment will depend on the nature and severity of your problem at walk-in. You can expect an assessment to take place and a treatment plan for the presenting difficulty with a full explanation and follow-up plan. You may be required to participate in a swallowing assessment.
After your appointment
You will receive written information as required. You may be invited to attend another appointment.
Patient information leaflets
- Changes to your breathing after laryngectomy surgery
- Consent to register with a third party supplier for stoma products
- Easy chew food
- Easy chew food for people with kidney conditions
- FIBREOPTIC ENDOSCOPIC EVALUATION OF SWALLOWING (FEES)
- Looking after your neck stoma after laryngectomy surgery
- Looking after your voice during radiotherapy
- Pureed food
- Pureed food for people with kidney conditions
- Soft and bite-sized food
- Soft and bite-sized food for people with kidney conditions
- Videoswallow clinic (adult)
About this page
- Last updated