Library and Evidence Services
Imperial College library and evidence services combine cutting edge research resources with workshops and bespoke literature search services.
NHS Knowledge and Library Hub
The NHS Knowledge and Library Hub is your gateway to online resources. The Hub connects you to high-quality knowledge and evidence, including:
- journals and databases, e.g. Medline, CINAHL and Trip Pro
- e-books, e.g. Kortext, Oxford Medicine Online and Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines
- clinical decision support resources, e.g. NICE Guidelines, BMJ Best Practice and Royal Marsden Manual
- policy and management information and research
Finding articles via the Hub is easy. With one click you can get the full-text or place a request if instant access is not available.
Access the Hub here or above with your OpenAthens account – log in via the yellow band at the top of the page. Self-register for OpenAthens at: openathens.nice.org.uk
<embed YouTube video: Navigating the new NHS Knowledge and Library Services Hub>
PDF guides for download: Accessing full text articles guide | Knowledge and Library Hub basic user guide
Imperial College London Library
All ICHT staff and placement students are eligible to join Imperial College London Library. Membership includes access to six library locations in West London and a range of other services, including:
- extensive library collection
- support from the librarians
- training workshops
- evidence search service
- document delivery for access to resources not available via OpenAthens
- suggest a book for purchase
For opening times, locations and other information follow the links below:
- Charing Cross Hospital campus library
- Hammersmith Hospital campus library
- St Mary’s Hospital campus library
To join, please fill in the library membership application form.
KnowledgeShare is a platform that connects you with Library and Evidence Services and helps you stay in touch with the latest developments in your field.
With KnowledgeShare you can:
- Receive personalised evidence updates - tailored to your specific professional interests
- Request evidence searches – the librarians can search for evidence to support management and organisational development, clinical practice, quality improvement and research
- Sign up to training sessions - browse upcoming workshops and book your place
Access KnowledgeShare via knowledgeshare.nhs.uk with your OpenAthens account.
Self-register for OpenAthens at: openathens.nice.org.uk
About this page
- Last updated