Find out what to expect when you come to the limb fitting centre for your appointment.
Before your appointment
Initial assessments will occur within two weeks of referral. Please remember to check your appointment letter for anything specific you have been asked to take with you. In addition, it would be helpful if you could bring the following:
- Your full address and telephone number(s)
- Your appointment card and appointment letter
- Your GP’s name and address
- Money to pay for any prescriptions, or an exemption card
- A list of questions you may want to ask your consultant
During your appointment
At your initial appointment you will be reviewed by a multidisciplinary team, including a rehabilitation consultant, specialist physiotherapist and a prosthetist. An assessment will be completed and a decision will be made on the most suitable type of limb depending on the level of mobility anticipated after rehabilitation.
After your appointment
We aim to manufacture your new prosthetic limb within three weeks of your initial assessment. We will then work with you to develop a full rehabilitation programme.
About this page
- Last updated