Find out how we monitor patient experience at our Trust
We measure and monitor patient experience in a number of ways, including:
- Friends and family test– see our latest results overview below
- NHS Choices – where you can leave and view feedback
- Complaints and patient advice and liaison service requests – see our latest service overview
Friends and family test
The friends and family test is a way of gathering feedback from people who use NHS services about their experience. The test asks patients if they would recommend our services to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment. After the test, we also ask a few follow up questions so we can understand where we need to improve and where we’re performing well.
How can I take the test?
Patients can complete the friends and family test by using one of the dedicated electronic devices available on our wards, clinics and A&E departments. We use these devices as they allow us to gather patient feedback in real-time so we can react quickly to your responses and make improvements.
If you’d like to ensure you are able to complete the test at the time of your care, just make sure our staff are aware.
They will bring you an electronic device and show you how to use it.
Once you’ve returned home, you can still complete the test, by filling in the relevant online survey:
- INPATIENT SURVEY - for patients who have stayed on one of our wards or come in as a day patient
- OUTPATIENT SURVEY - for patients who had a clinic appointment or investigations with us
- ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY SURVEY - for patients who came to one of our A&E departments
- MATERNITY SURVEY - for women who gave birth at one of our hospitals
- ANTENATAL SURVEY - for women who had their pre-birth care with us
- POST NATAL WARD SURVEY - for women who stayed on one of our wards after they gave birth
- POST NATAL COMMUNITY SERVICE SURVEY
We use your feedback to help us improve and make changes to our services and the care we provide. The results allow us to take immediate action when there’s a problem and see how effective the improvements we’ve made have been. The test also provides a measure for you to compare us with other NHS trusts.
You can see our latest friends and family test results below. We report these results as part of the overall scorecard that goes to our public board meetings, as well as on the NHS Choices website where they are broken down by site.
About this page
- Last updated