If you have been referred for NHS treatment by your doctor or dentist, and you are on a low income or receive benefits, you may be eligible for help with the cost of travelling to and from your appointments.

You may be eligible to get help with public transport travel costs in if you receive:

  • Income support
  • Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
  • Income-related employment and support allowance
  • Pension credit guarantee credit

You may also be eligible if:

  • You are entitled to or named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
  • You are named on a valid HC2 certificate (includes travel by your dependent children)

Visit NHS Choices for more information about who is eligible for help with travel costs. 

Making a claim

If you think you are eligible and would like to make a claim, speak to a member of the reception team at the outpatient clinic you are attending.  You will need proof of your income or benefits, receipts or tickets for your journey, and you will need to complete a travel expenses claim form.

If you are able to make a claim, you will need to go to the cashier’s office at one of our locations to collect your money. 

Further support

Click on the links below for more information on other mobility schemes across London.