Let your skills and experience shine in an environment where excellence is a way of life.
Nursing and midwifery roles
Achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people
We have 4,400 nurses and midwives doing amazing work, achieving the best for our patients.
With more than 50 specialties and one of the largest portfolios of services in the country, we offer genuine opportunities to progress your career in nursing and midwifery. You’ll be working with leading clinicians of all backgrounds pushing boundaries in patient care.
Early in your career
We will help you develop a strong foundation to a lifelong nursing career.
Our band 5 opportunities include:
- outstanding development pathways, mentoring by senior nurses and great team working.
- a year-long preceptorship development programme, to support the transition from student to confident practitioner, while working in your chosen specialty.
- rotation programmes across three clinic areas over 18 months to develop your skills in a range of areas before choosing where you want to stay and develop specialist skills.
- rotate wards after six months through the internal transfer scheme, allowing you to gain experience across a number of specialties.
More experienced nurses and midwives
Senior nurses build their career here at Imperial College Healthcare. There is a significant specialist nursing workforce and many nurse consultants who are leaders in their field.
- work in a leading specialist nursing and medical team.
- join or lead an active quality improvement programme, supported by our well-resourced improvement team.
- undertake learning and development.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about our current vacancies you can email imperial.Nurse.Recruiters@nhs.net.
About this page
- Last updated
Acute and specialist medicine nursing at St Mary’s Hospital, London
“Nursing is a grand career”: A day in the life of Alice Markey, discharge nurse
Sister Alice Markey has been with Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust for 25 years. As a discharge nurse, Alice ensures that patients are fit to leave hospital and that the right support is in place to help them continue their recovery, as you’ll…