Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust runs a nursery for its staff and local communities at Charing Cross Hospital.
Imperial College Healthcare Nursery
Our nursery is committed to providing a caring and stimulating environment where children from six months to five years can learn and play, inside and outside, in our secure play garden.
We pride ourselves on ensuring:
- a designated keyworker and secondary worker for each child
- development reports for parents and carers at the end of every term
- support for children with special educational needs
- support for children who have English as an additional language
- regular newsletters and progress discussions.
All our staff are fully DBS (disclosure and barring service – previously CRB) checked. We also screen visitors thoroughly. We use CCTV video surveillance and a door keypad entry system to maximise security.
Our nursery is Ofsted registered and inspected under the Children’s Act to ensure our procedures are in accordance with National Day Care Standards. We use the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, which ensures our staff provide age and stage appropriate care and play for each child. The areas of learning are:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- knowledge and understanding
- expressive arts and design
Find out more about our nursery and apply for a place at:
About this page
- Last updated