BBC Two groundbreaking documentary series Hospital airs this week
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust will feature in a second series of BBC Two’s prime-time documentary Hospital with the first episode, focusing on the Trust’s major incident response to the Westminster terrorist attack, airing on Tuesday 20 June.
The series follows patients and staff to show the complexity of the NHS in action. Viewers will see first-hand the challenges staff face as they cope with increasing demand and competing pressures to ensure patients get the care they need.
Camera crews filmed across our five hospitals – Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye - for five weeks in March and April 2017.
Director of communications Michelle Dixon said: “We were really pleased with the success of the first series and keen to highlight further the fantastic care our staff provide as well as the complex dilemmas they have to resolve.
“We’re extremely grateful to the many patients, and their families and carers, as well as staff who allowed us to show their experiences.”
- The four part series airs on BBC Two from Tuesday 20 June 2017
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is one of the largest and busiest acute NHS Trusts in the UK, caring for over one million people each year.
- We have almost 11,000 staff working in many different roles from doctors and nurses to physiotherapists and biomedical scientists.
- For further information about Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust or this news release please contact Sasha Delaney, media manager on 020 3312 1331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter at @imperialnhs and visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ImperialNHS